Google AdWords Quality Score is a major factor in the AdRank equation i.e. where your ad appears in the SERPS and therefore it is really important to understand exactly how it works:
Google Adwords Formula
AdRank (Google AdWords Page Position) = Bid x Quality Score
Here’re 7 Quality Google Adwords Score facts to help you understand how it works:
1. The most important factor in calculating Google Adwords Quality Score is a keyword’s Click Through Rate (CTR). This is closely followed in 2nd place by keyword relevancy – if the keyword you are bidding on matches your ad text and the searcher’s query.
2. Every keyword is awarded an individual Quality Score – this can be viewed by selecting the QS option in the ‘columns’ menu in the UI of Google AdWords. Quality Score also has an effect (to a lesser degree) on the overall Google AdWords account – it is not however possible to check this.
3. Quality Score does not have an impact at ad group level.
To find out more about Google Adwords Quality Score read 7 Google Adwords Quality Score Facts You Need To Know Before Setting Up A Campaign at Business2Community by Jessica Graham.
Check these other articles that are about Google’s Adwords Keyword Tool:
- The Best Keyword Tool – Google Adwords Keyword Tool
- Picking Profitable Niches for Internet Marketing
- Optimizing Your Most Searched Keywords for Content
- What Can Google Adwords Keyword Tool Do For You?